European Association Dance Movement Therapy Conference 2016
European Association Dance Movement Therapy announces
2nd EADMT Conference: CRISIS, CREATIVITY and SOCIETY; Dance Movement Therapy Embodying Interdisciplinary Pathways
September 9th - 11th 2016
in collaboration with
Associazione Professionale Italiana Danza Movimento Terapia
Via Stamira d’Ancona 27
· DMT and neuro-science, biology & psychology research
· DMT and psychotherapy including body psychotherapy
· Embodiment and creative practice: allied fields in dialogue in clinical and social applications
· Bringing the body into education: health & social care, science and school
· Identifying the power of creativity across arts, culture, community & health sectors
· Crisis, creativity and bodymind: the new challenges
EADMT is engaged in a process of reaching out and incorporating multidisciplinary practice that uses the expressive, creative body to support health and wellbeing of individuals, groups and communities across society. In the light of the current critical social and political climate, EADMT aims to strengthen the knowledge and skills of practitioners and researchers who highlight the value of the bodymind and creativity. This conference aims to integrate and collaborate with colleagues whose focus is on research and/or development of the notion of embodiment in practice.
Our vision for this conference is to provide a learning experience that embraces the mind and the body as key aspects of research and practice. We present high quality keynote and panel presentations, posters and workshops that bring together scientists and creative researchers and practitioners. Over these three days we wish to provide spaces for discussion, reflection and collaboration. Following the conference the Scientific and Organisation Committees will identify several presentations for publication in an edited volume to record the 2016 Conference – Crisis, Creativity and Society.